Just came back from Tioman.So, this time booked another resort than we usually did in the previous years. Learned about the resort in Tripadvisor and was highly recommended. Guess what? It turned out A O K.
The journey started at 3.30 am from our place but we had to stop at Kahang (in between Kluang and Mersing) due to flood. If you think we lost our mind travelling during the rainy season, blame it on my husband. He wanted to fish in Tioman and said that better rain in Tioman than in KL. So after two hours of sitting in the car waiting for the water to recede, we finally make our way treading through the muddy water. Of course, we missed the only ferry to Tioman and need to catch another next morning.
Maybe its a blessing in disguise. A day and night stay in Mersing was quite marvelous! After doing some research via the net, we decided to check into a resort - next to a jetty, next to the sea with nice Kampung view plus a swimming pool in the middle of its huge lawn. When hubby was soundly asleep (to catch up when driving earlier on) I took the kiddos to the beach. I too had less sleep but since I was high on supplements, therefore, I was wide awake.
The beach was empty so I throw the tikar mengkuang and begin to lie down. What a wonderful life!
The next day, we had the ride of our life on the ferry. It was probably the last day of the monsoon. Wind was strong and wave was big. Quite a number of passengers vomitted and one even fainted! As for my family, Kiki was asleep, Amal and Rara enjoyed the roller coaster ride, hubby was enjoying his ride too and as for me, I vomitted - once!
Our resort was great. Hubby and Amal caught some fishes and we even had our dinner with the biggest catch of the day. Kiki had fun so-called swimming during the tides. I ate a lot and put on 3 kg. What a shame :(