Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Brush Your Teeth

I know its important to brush my teeth and important to say it every night to the kiddos before they go to sleep. But just saying the words is not enough. It must be followed with action - see and confirm that the kiddos have done their tasks.

I regret not being firm on this matter until Rara's recent visit to the Dentist. 4 of her teeth need fillings and she has to sit for three sessions (and yes on different dates due to her age). Did her two fillings and another two more to go. Kesian kat dia. But she's very brave and I am very proud of her.

Taking about dentist. I normally go back to my hometown with the kiddos to visit dentist or when kiddos have problems, then baru melilau cari dentist. So with Rara, I experienced that it is very important to have one steady dentist - who we can called as the 'Family Dentist'. Best if we can have a kids-friendly dentist so the kiddos will be at ease with him/her. Lucky for me that the dentist that I went due to Rara's problem fits all my requirements. I myself has scheduled for a visit with her.

Moral of the story is:
1. You make sure your kiddos brush their teeth
2. You must have a regular visit to the dentist - every 6 months
3. Find a good dentist for your kiddos - and yourself!