Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Kebaya Inspiration

Hari Raya will be plus minus in 7 weeks time and I have an inspiration - To wear a Kebaya (haven't exactly decided on the colour....)

When one wants to wear a Kebaya, one must (or at least) have a nice figure. Mine is so-so-lah. Have to lose here a bit and firm there a bit - then barulah feel like one hot Kebaya Mom and not nenek Kebayan!

I so love the Nyona Kebaya but sure got no-no from hubby and the Kebarung - it is modest while the looks is definitely feminine.

Anyway, my no 1 Malay traditional baju kurung will always be Kurung Kedah. Love at first sight of the Kurung Kedah came from the hand-me-down from a favourite aunt. It was a cream coloured saree material with a tiny flower design. You see, my aunt married this guy from India and part of her is 'India-ish'. Stayed with her once and loved the Kari and Capati that uncle made ... sehingga menjilat jari. So from there onwards, I started collecting Kurung Kedah made from kain saree. Unfortunately, I left most of them when I started working and feel more comfortable with pants and shirts.

Now that I am older and wiser...I think I should start to wear baju kurung....(mmm... I am starting to feel pretty ladylike....ahaks...ahaks..ahaks...)